Monday 26 December 2011

Week 6 - Inspiration

The original plan was to try and capture an image I passed on my way home from work each day but since the time change, I leave for my day in the dark and get home in the dark. I am having to either make scenes up or use reference material.

Do I have to paint an actual scene? I don’t think so. I am trying to work on the way I paint so that is more important than replicating an actual view. That is my justification for having absolutely no ideas some days. But I do need some kind of a plan or I accomplish nothing.

Instead of painting “when the moment strikes”, I am forcing myself to paint anyway. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t, but I can’t say that the result is any better or worse whether I felt like painting or not. 



First Snow
Dec 18, 2011
The snow lasted about an hour after sunrise before it all melted away.




Shed Out Back
Dec 17, 2011
This looks absolutely nothing like I intended.



Farmers Field
Dec 16, 2011



Lots of Green
Dec 14, 2011
This is one of those aimless pieces - I have no idea what I thought I was going to paint.



Barn in a Field
Dec 12, 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment