Monday 19 December 2011

Week 5 - Thick and Thin

My mixed media series of a few years ago were painted on plywood. There were many layers of images but the layers of paint were fairly thin.  I also used a lot washes, dripping and water.
I am finding with the masonite board, the more opaque paints are better. I don’t mind the board showing through but some of the paint that I have with high transparency are driving me crazy. They are just way too weak and I am having to mix more paint to get the density I want. I need to pay more attention to this the next time I replenish my supplies.
I know I should switch to oil to get the look I am after, but I refuse at this juncture to get a whole new set of supplies. I have too many already. I aim to master the acrylics in such a way that I no longer feel the need to switch.


Dec 11, 2011
Cowpath


Dec 9, 2011
The End of the Beach Trail


Dec 8, 2011
Field
(a brilliant title)


Dec 6, 2011
Dusk


Dec 5, 2011
2 Weird Trees
I pass a few of these trees everyday, I never noticed them when they had leaves but they are really neat looking with none. I have not shaped them properly as they are here and need to try again sometime.

2 comments: