Monday 12 December 2011

Week 4 - Studio or en Plein-air

The debate over studio work versus en plein-air will never be solved. Some swear that only paintings done in-situ have the energy the work needs.
I am 50-50 on the studio/plein-air debate.  I do love to sketch outside and take in the images around me.  I paint with acrylics and even though there are extenders and wet pallets, I find the paint just dries way to quickly outdoors for my liking.
I don’t even think about it in the winter. I will gladly go a for hike and take lots of pictures but the thought of sitting outside in 0 degrees is just more than I want to do.
On the other hand after being inside in my studio all winter, I can’t wait to get back outside and paint nature on the spot. For now, I will remain a fair weather plein-air painter and stay in my studio until spring.



Dec 4, 2011


Dec 3, 2011
Field of Green - wishful thinking now that everything is yucky colours


Dec 2, 2011
Entwined


Dec 1, 2011
Tree Farm


Nov 29, 2011
Rattlesnake Point
A very rainy, rainy November day


Nov 27, 2011
East Over Lake Ontario


No comments:

Post a Comment