Monday 6 February 2012

Week 12 - Winter


Wow – I can’t believe this week I hit painting number 50. It has been much more difficult than I imagined to force myself to paint this regularly. I have always painted quickly but where I used to find larger canvases daunting – these little 8x10’s some days stress me out.

Our crazy weather has given me the opportunity to see days that are bright and sunny and gloomy and rainy, but not much snow.

Since I only painted my first winter piece earlier this year I was hoping to work on that a bit more. As much as I am not a fan of winter driving, I was hoping to get some snow so I could tackle winter as a subject. Luckily this week we got at least enough for me to go out and get some reference and give it a try.


Jan 27, 2012
Snow in the Trees


Jan 26, 2012
Snowy Field


Jan 25, 2012
Snow on the Escarpment


Jan 24, 2012
Snow Rows

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy,
    I am so drawn to the blue you are using in these paintings. It makes me feel like I'm back in Northern Alberta in the winter. Your paintings are so vibrant and have a real joy about them that celebrate the Canadian landscape. Well done and keep up the great work!
    From a fellow Canadian and (new) daily painter :)
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much - we had another of those crisp sunny days today but sadly without the snow...

    ReplyDelete